26 déc. 2008

Ramsgate - 1993 Summer

Leaving Stowmarket, on the way back to Folkestone, we had a day in London. We did some shopping in the most crowded streets I ever saw in my life. Coming out of a huge store I could have been lost with my pupils if they hadn't had orientation sense better than me. They told me what direction we had to go to find our bus in time. Thanks a lot, modern kids !

After this fabulous 1st journey, I decided to study English again, individually.

So, in Summer 1993 , I had a subscription in Churchill House School, in Ramsgate. For two weeks. Two capital weeks !

My "land-lady", Edwina, was a helpful and caring guide as well as an attentive friend and extra-teacher.

At that time she lived a sunny appartment , top of a beautiful tower, looking on the sea-shore and the harbour. From the bay-window, at any hour we could see kites flying above the beach. We could hear and see the ferries leaving ...

The school was 2 minutes from the Tower. Any time I remember Churchill House I want to say my pleasure to have chosen that school for my 1st Summer Course.





(To be continued...)

Aucun commentaire: