30 déc. 2008

Scarbourough - 1996

In 1993 I went to Oxford. I had chosen a one-to-one course with O.I.S.E. This hasn't been my best experience. But that wasn't because of my teachers and I can understand that my 2nd school couldn't bring to me the pleasure of the discovery as well as the 1st one, in Ramsgate. Though, in Oxford, I had some beautiful and amusing anecdotal events. I 'll tell them one day. What's more, Edwina came there to see me and gave me again the advantage of her knowledge, of her friendship, and the pleasure of her guiding company.

The year after, 1995 , I went to Broadstairs, near Ramsgate, and I lived again at Edwina's home. She had a new house built for her and she was about leaving her appartment in the Tower overlooking on the port.

Then , Summer 1996, I went to SCARBOROUGH.

That is what I wanted to recall to day .

Because :

At Scarbourough there are two splendid bays. I could walk , in the afternoon, from one to other. South Bay. North Bay.

I could admire the sea all along the paths, I could think and dream in front of Anne Brontë's grave.


My host family was kind and cheerful. In my bedroom there was a great poster of The Lord of the Rings ( yes I discovered it several years before a lot of French people ) .


In the town there were always musicians, actors, dancers, and all sorts of artists performing in the busy streets.

I enjoyed once more Edwina's visit and her dynamism. She introduced me to friends of her, David and Ena,

and ,

that is the point : just last week, I have received the Greetings card from David, still living in Scarborough.

Edwina and he, are the ones who make me to say : "my friends and friends of my friends"

Aucun commentaire: